Darrel Ellerbe & Bill Draughn | Spoonful Of Soul Mixshow

April 18, 2020

April 11, 2020

April 4, 2020

March 28, 2020

March 14, 2020

March 7, 2020

Darrel Ellerbe, a Morristown, New Jersey native enjoyed listening to the midday mixes that were showcased on WBLS(NYC) in the early to mid-’80s. He would have his mother record them while he was attending school. After hearing them, he decided that he wanted to get into the music industry as a Recording Engineer/DJ.

After graduating from the Institute of Audio Research, he interned at a recording studio for several months. He was offered a job as Studio Manager/Engineer at Prime Cuts Studios in midtown Manhattan(NYC) owned by DJ Mark Kamins and Tuta Aquino. While working there, he worked with people such as; Keith Thompson, Justin Strauss, Jomanda, Degrees of Motion, Victor Simonelli and Barrington Levy to name a few.

He moved on to Warlock Records(NYC) and became the Promotions Department Director. While working there, he produced several projects on the side with multiple artists such as; The Thompson Project, Outburst Coalition feat. Gary L, Mirage feat. Gary L, Outburst, and On Top.
Darrel has made guest appearances on European radio stations as well as New York’s 98.7 Kiss Club Classics Show hosted by Jay ‘Mixin’ Dixon.

74 Comments

• Posted May 20, 2016 1:47 AM 0Likes
    darrel

Hello kj,
    The name of that song is fonda rae -my parade. I can send you a mp3. Send me your e-mail address again.

Darrel

• Posted May 20, 2016 10:28 AM 0Likes
      KJ Jones

kaje5ohh@aol.com. Much thanks, dude!

• Posted June 23, 2016 8:08 PM 0Likes
      KJ Jones

Hey, D! Maaaaaaaan, I DESPERATELY need this track! From your May 23rd mix at 1:12:50ish…That female vocal w/gospel organ “Hey, Boy!” Man, I have not been able to find that song ANYWHERE, and I don’t know the actual title. Can you PLEASE run that for me for about 4:30 and send a file? It would be MUCH appreciated, dude. Either mixed, or just a file of the actual track. I have been trying to find it for many years. When I tell cats I need “Hey, Boy!” by some chick who’s name I don’t know, I just get a crazy look! LOL Thanks, Darrel! Send to kaje5ohh@aol.com

• Posted May 18, 2016 2:25 PM 0Likes
    KJ Jones

OK, bruh…KJ here again. Can you give me some intel on that “Don’ t Rain on My Parade” cut? That jawwwn is fire. Tryin’a find it so I can pull it down. Or, if you would be so kind, shoot the file to me via email.

• Posted February 1, 2016 9:02 PM 0Likes
    darrel

Hey bruh! I never heard anyone play that mix before. Nice cut. I wanted to see if I could mix it. Later

• Posted February 2, 2016 4:37 AM 0Likes
      KJ Jones

WHO’S mix IS IT?! I’ve had that Juliet cut since it dropped back in like ’92. That remix is fire. Any idea who did it/can you send me a file?

• Posted February 4, 2016 1:23 AM 0Likes
        Darrel

Hey KJ,
        Send me your e-mail and I will send you file. Give me a few days.
        dedhp@optimum.net

• Posted February 1, 2016 4:09 PM 0Likes
    KJ Jones

That Juliet Roberts remix = INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, my God!

• Posted January 19, 2016 7:04 PM 0Likes
    KJ Jones

Hey, man…Happy New Year! I need a song ID, dude. At 15:25/:30, a good groove that I imagine is called, “Come and Get My Love,” comes on. Who does that one (and is that the title)?

• Posted January 20, 2016 4:03 PM 0Likes
      darrel

Hey bruh! Happy New Year! The name of that song is Bank Street feat. Annette Taylor ‘Come and Get My Love” Great song. Thanks for listening.

• Posted November 3, 2015 2:29 AM 0Likes
    Ted

Hi Darrell, HUGE FAN of yours. What is the name of the song playing on your 10/24/2015 mix at 1:09? I haven’t heard that song in decades. Also do you spin anywhere live?

• Posted November 6, 2015 3:27 AM 0Likes
      Darrel

Hey Ted,
      The name of that song is Karen Anderson ‘I Work Hard To Love You’. I haven’t played anywhere in years. Actually, the last time was at kiss fm 1999. Thank you for checking out the show. Spread the word for me bruh!

• Posted November 2, 2015 10:22 PM 0Likes
    darrel

Hey Charles,
    Thank you for listening to the show. The website will be up again soon.

• Posted October 15, 2015 6:30 PM 0Likes
    Chadrles Goins

Please bring back your website deephousepage and fast and soon.

• Posted July 9, 2015 10:38 PM 0Likes
    darrel

Hey shayne,
    How is it going? The last time we talked, you were working at kiss fm. I think that was 1999. I am not on facebook. E-mail me at: dedhp@optimum.net

• Posted July 9, 2015 2:34 AM 0Likes
    Shayne Sealy

Hey Darrel. What’s happening? This is DJ Shayne. We worked together @ Prime Cuts over 25 years ago in 1988, 1989, 1990. Get in contact with me through facebook. I spoke with both Tuta & Keith Thompson on Facebook recently. I’ve been looking for you on Facebook the past 2 years. Are you on facebook?