Darrel Ellerbe & Bill Draughn | Spoonful Of Soul Mixshow

October 17, 2020

October 10, 2020

October 3, 2020

August 29, 2020

August 22, 2020

August 15, 2020

Darrel Ellerbe, a Morristown, New Jersey native enjoyed listening to the midday mixes that were showcased on WBLS(NYC) in the early to mid-’80s. He would have his mother record them while he was attending school. After hearing them, he decided that he wanted to get into the music industry as a Recording Engineer/DJ.

After graduating from the Institute of Audio Research, he interned at a recording studio for several months. He was offered a job as Studio Manager/Engineer at Prime Cuts Studios in midtown Manhattan(NYC) owned by DJ Mark Kamins and Tuta Aquino. While working there, he worked with people such as; Keith Thompson, Justin Strauss, Jomanda, Degrees of Motion, Victor Simonelli and Barrington Levy to name a few.

He moved on to Warlock Records(NYC) and became the Promotions Department Director. While working there, he produced several projects on the side with multiple artists such as; The Thompson Project, Outburst Coalition feat. Gary L, Mirage feat. Gary L, Outburst, and On Top.
Darrel has made guest appearances on European radio stations as well as New York’s 98.7 Kiss Club Classics Show hosted by Jay ‘Mixin’ Dixon.

74 Comments

• Posted June 8, 2015 1:31 PM 0Likes
    Darrel

Hello Mr. Jones! I hope everything is well. That remix was done by David Anthony and Darrel James. Great Song!

• Posted June 8, 2015 3:41 PM 0Likes
      KJ Jones

Oh…For sure. The white sista can SAAAANNNNNG! I’ll have to grab that remix and put it in The Lisa Keith folder. Thanks for the info. All is good in SoCal!

• Posted June 8, 2015 10:27 AM 0Likes
    KJ Jones

What’s good, D? Sounding great, as always, bruh. Whos’ Lisa Keith remix (I’m in Love) is that? I love the song, but haven’t heard this mix ’til now.

• Posted April 28, 2015 9:43 PM 0Likes
    Darrel

What’s Up KJ,

Are you talking about the 4/18/15 show? The name of the first song is Kym Smith “lost In Love”. Hit me back if
    you’re talking about a different show.

• Posted April 27, 2015 11:40 AM 0Likes
    KJ Jones

Darrel…Can you PLEASE give me the name/artist of the cut that opens this set? Damn. It’s a Banger! To Armon Stewart…Where are you located, bruh? I’m in the San Fernando Valley. NY transplant (20 years). Club Zanzibar veteran. I agree 100%, man. We need a spot like the clubs at home. Nothing like that here, unless Tony or someone comes in down and does a guest set. Anyway, nice to meet someone who knows the deal. I thought I was “alone” out here. LOL

• Posted March 18, 2015 2:19 PM 0Likes
    darrel

Thanks Bro!

• Posted March 18, 2015 12:06 PM 0Likes
    darrel

My man Armon!

• Posted March 18, 2015 1:42 AM 0Likes
    Armon Stewart

We desperately need club here in Cali, growing up in Jersey was a treat for me. I was on the ground floor of real music. Club, house, garage house, back in the day all the radio stations played it. Moving to Cali was a good thing but one thing was missing. Real music. I’m lucky to know Darrel, he turned me on to DHP radio. It saved me from the so called music they play out here. Thank you DHP for being there for people who know what real music is.

• Posted March 14, 2015 3:44 PM 0Likes
    darrel

Hey Reagen,
    I haven’t seen you in a very long time. I hope everything is fine. Thanks for the shout out.

• Posted March 14, 2015 1:59 AM 0Likes
    Reagen

Hey my old garden street neighbor I think it’s awesome that you are doing work that you are passionate about!!!! Gotta love the club music!! -Reagen Robinson

• Posted February 25, 2015 9:08 PM 0Likes
    Darrel

hey KJ,

Thank you for your feedback. I am a big fan of 80’s club too!